Okay, not completely true. I did make him lemon loaf too but, as Jason put it, it “was not yellow enough!”. It also wasn’t lemon enough for my taste either. I’m going to have to ask Oma Vanderwal for her recipe (because they are to die for!) and I bought a bag of lemons from Costco. Some lemon loaf will be made!
Now that Jason’s a busy working man again, that means I have to be a busy baking lady again!
(I know! How domestic of me!)
He requested lemon loaf so I made him these instead!
But in the meantime I’m going to let you in on this recipe instead!
Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oven: 350F for 9-11
1 1/2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder (I used Red Ruby from Bulk Barn)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cup chocolate chips
1. Cream butter and sugar. (I didn’t soften my butter first but just let it beat with the sugar, like my buttercream frosting).
2. Add eggs one at a time blending until fluffy. Add vanilla.
3. Combine flour, sifted cocoa, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the wet mixture and combine until well moistened.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Scoop out a spoonful and eat. Try not to let the kids see or you will have to share.
6. Drop by tablespoon full onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
7. Bake until firm but not hard. About 9-11 minutes.
8. Lick the beater and eat a handful of chocolate chips while you wait for the cookies to bake!
9. Take the cookies out and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
10. Pour a glass of milk and enjoy 1 (or 3 or 5). Maybe let your kids have 1 or 2.
Yields about 50-55
(Unless you are a cookie dough troll like me, whereas then you will only get about 45 cookies and a chocolate induced coma!)
There you have it!
I hope you like them!