I’m a pretty cool mom (ha…that probably made those who know me personally spit milk out their noses)
Okay, so maybe a lax mom is a better term than cool! Here’s why:
- You want to keep your shoes on inside the house?…Go for it! Check for mud on the way in, but cleanish shoes are totally welcome.
- Oh, you want to play a game of hockey in my living room and use my mirror wall as the goal? Sure! Why Not? Just be forewarned – slap shots may get you a short stint in the penalty box.
- Oh you want to take all the cushions off the couch and line them up for a giant game of Volcano? Okay, just don’t let the lava get you!
- Oh you want to chase each other like a wild pack of dogs around my island and then fall down in a wrestle hug? Not a problem. Just don’t come crying to me when someone gets hurt and be prepared for me to join in with tickle hugs and body slams.
- You want to eat that whole bag of Cheetos that Grandma brought you from school on my brand new Strandmon? Oh no…even this mother has her limits. That’s definitely leather couches or table territory.
You can pretty much imagine what the walls of my house look like. Not to mention the fact that I am a woman who likes to change her mind (and walls), so there are dozens of tiny nail holes scattered through all the rooms.
Talking with friends awhile back, the topic of scrubbing out dings in the wall and filling nail holes came up. Someone mentioned that they heard that you can just rub soap in the hole (probably from Pinterest) and it makes the hole virtually disappear.
Well I thought I would give it a whirl here:
I don’t know how great this would work on coloured walls, but I do know that soap comes in a kaleidoscopic of colours! You could totally use this as an excuse to buy fancy, great smelling soaps. Your wall could instantly transform into a scratch’n sniff wall!